485 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 206 Charlottesville, VA 22901 | (434) 964-1588
The first class of Ron Brown Scholars in 2001 established the Ron Brown Alumni Association (RBSAA) upon their graduation from college. Alumni Scholars participate in the Association staying connected with fellow alumni, mentoring other Scholars, supporting philanthropic and social causes, and giving back to the Program. Alumni foster lifelong goodwill and strong connections among all Ron Brown Scholars through communication and mentorship as well as through the contribution of personal funds to enhance and perpetuate the organization.
The RBSAA works to pair each undergraduate Scholar with an alumnus Scholar in their field of interest to serve as a resource and a guide. Alumni mentors assist students to make the transition to college, learn about career enrichment programs, and secure meaningful internships. Also, regional meetings and informal dinners, held throughout the calendar year, bring together Scholars in various areas around the country. Scholars and Alumni in each region initiate and coordinate these activities.
RBSAA’s three objectives:
- Support philanthropic and social causes that celebrate kindred ideals
- Foster lifelong goodwill among Ron Brown Scholar Program Alumni
- Promote communication and mentorship between RBSAA members and Ron Brown Scholars
The RBSAA is a separate entity within the foundation that independently elects officers and supports the mission of the Ron Brown Scholar Program.
In 2017, the following Alumni hold leadership positions within the RBS Alumni Association:
RBSAA Board of Directors:
- Co-Presidents: Ade Sawyer, RBS 2006, Kara (Lee) Pierre, RBS 2000
- Co-Vice Presidents: Andrea Headley, RBS 2010 & Mondaire Jones, RBS 2005
- Treasurer: Mohammed Toure, RBS 2012
- Communications Chief: Desmond Garner, RBS 2011